Virginia Mason Medical Center CS/Sterile Processing Technician I in Washington
Job Number: 183042
Department: Sterile Processing
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as a Leapfrog Top Hospital of the Decade; Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters… your patients.
This role is an entry-level position in CS/Sterile Processing and has responsibilities to ensure the proper and effective sterilization of tools and instruments for the Hospital OR and/or satellite clinics. This position ensures that equipment, tools, and implants are thoroughly prepared for surgical procedures. Provides stellar customer service to all departments the group supports.
Sterilization of Instruments and Equipment for the Hospital OR:
· Decontaminates Operating Room instruments and equipment efficiently, accurately, and in an organized manner. Flash sterilizes instruments to meet the needs of the Operating Room. Uses liquid chemical sterilization when appropriate. Assist OR staff with sterilization machinery and equipment as necessary.
· Inspects and assembles Operating Room instruments and equipment efficiently, accurately and in an organized manner. Removes defective instruments from use and initiates the repair process when applicable.
· Prioritizes requests for equipment/instruments and, when possible, stages items outside the Operating Room to expedite room turnovers.
· Coordinates and anticipates needs between Central Services and the Operating Room. Provides customer service and communicate regularly to Operating Room staff and management. Uses positive interpersonal skills and communicates in a manner that facilitates teamwork and collaboration.
Sterilization of Instruments for Satellite Clinics:
· Decontaminates and sterilizes surgical or other tools, instruments, and equipment to be delivered to the various Virginia Mason clinics for procedures.
· Facilitates communication and issue resolution between hospital/satellite clinic and sterile processing leadership to ensure accuracy of surgical equipment orders, shipments, and instrument repair/replacement.
· Ensures satellite clinics adhere to established standard processes for preparation of soiled instruments. Instructs clinical staff members on the proper, safe handling and storage methods of soiled instruments in accordance with policies.
· Coordinates shipment and return of items needing to be processed by ethylene oxide (ETO) at outside locations.
· Maintain clinic records and instrument tally sheets
· Assures that Operating Room sterilizer documentation is accurate and complete. Logs flash cycles and keeps the flash records accurate
A high school diploma or GED is required. Minimum of 1 year of patient care or patient-facing experience in a hospital setting OR graduation from a sterile processing training program required. CRCST certification preferred.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Virginia Mason Medical Center is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Virginia Mason provides healthcare without regard to race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry) or disability. Disability Accommodation: To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruiting Offices at 866-422-2275 (voice) or 206-515-5891 (fax). Virginia Mason makes every effort to honor disability accommodation requests. Requests can be responded to most effectively if received as far in advance as possible.